“Whenever we ask for God’s help, our mind is at one with God. And whenever we feel out of sync with God, we need only change our mind.”
– In God’s Care*: Daily Meditations on Spirituality in Recovery, January 4
*As We Understand God
It is my goal to be focused on Spirit every second of my life; needless to say, I’ve got a ways to go!
The aforementioned reading got me thinking about other scenarios in which my mind is one with the Great Mystery. Here’s some that arise throughout the day:
- The experience of writing this daily blog, You, Me and Spirit
- Sending love, light, and healing to others
- Helping others
- Feeling joy
- Being at peace
- Remembering someone’s birthday or other special occasion and reaching out to them
- Conscious breathing
- Staying in the present moment
- Writing in my gratitude journal at night
There are a myriad of ways and times throughout the day when I come together with and my mind is one with God.
As I grow in awareness, my mind is one with God more often. When I find myself off kilter, like A Course in Miracles points out, I can choose once again, and come back to focusing on and being one with Spirit.