Symptoms of a Spiritual Awakening
I was searching for some images on my computer while working on the final project for my “Spiritual Principles” class, a foundational class in Science of Mind philosophy, when I came across the one above that states the 12 Symptoms of a Spiritual Awakening.
I had no recollection of when I found and saved it, but as I read them, I had to chuckle—they were accurate! Whoever wrote them no doubt had experienced spiritual awakening. I felt connected.
My first and primary spiritual awakening occurred sometime after I walked into the rooms of a 12 Step program for eating disorders many moons ago. As I worked the steps and practiced the principles of the program, my attitude about life and people changed, and hence my actual life did! Coming to believe in a Higher Power spurred me to a spiritual awakening. I am so grateful for that and the resetting of the path of my life.
I’ve had additional spiritual awakenings; they are always a blessing and gift to receive and to recognize.
Here are the 12 Symptoms of a Spiritual Awakening written out:
- An increased tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
- Frequent attacks of smiling.
- Feelings of being connected with others and nature.
- Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experience.
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- A loss of ability to worry.
- A loss of interest in conflict.
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
- A loss of interest in judging others.
- A loss of interest in judging self.
- Gaining the ability to love without expecting anything.
Symptoms of a Spiritual Awakening — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>