I often refer to and write about Science of Mind philosophy and its principles. However, I learned about Unity principles before I learned about Science of Mind. Exposed to both, it was easy to see the similarities between the two. Of course, it was no surprise, since they are both part of the New Thought spiritual movement, which also includes Divine Science and Christian Science.
The five basic ideas that make up the Unity belief system are:
- There is only one Presence and one Power active as the universe and as my life, God the Good.
- Our essence is of God; therefore, we are inherently good. This God essence, called the Christ, was fully expressed in Jesus and it is within us. This spark of Divinity is within everyone.
- We are co-creators with God, creating our reality through thoughts held in mind.
- Through prayer and meditation, we align our heart-mind with God. Denials and affirmations are tools we use.
- Through thoughts, words and actions, we live the Truth we know.
Thank You for the New Thought spiritual movement that offers tools and empowering ideas about us and the Divine so that we can co-create lives that are happy, joyous, and free.